Curreri Educational Consulting offers a variety of packages tailored to your unique needs.
freshman & sophomore
Our philosophy is that early preparation for high school is crucial and directly correlated with a positive college admission outcome. Collaborating with parents, teachers, coaches and other professionals to help optimize the high school experience, CEC guides students to be proactive about creating a competitive edge. Drawing from more than thirty years of experience as an elementary, middle and high school and independent college counselor, Karen Curreri and her team help students plan out their academic journey. From testing preparation and efficient scheduling to choosing the right extracurricular and athletic activities that will help each student as an individual and contribute to his or her community, Karen and her team will find the right path for your student's future.
junior & senior college applications
Through a highly personalized approach, the CEC team will help you:
- Conduct the appropriate research to create a "right fit" college application list; research scholarship and grants opportunities; and complete financial aid paperwork
- Plan and prepare for college visits
- Prepare for and schedule standardized testing (PSAT, SAT, ACT, SAT Subject Tests and AP tests)
- Construct resumes and requests for recommendation letters
- Prepare for interviews
- Create Artistic, Performing, or Athletic Portfolios that drive the recruitment process
- Draft personal statement essays and supplemental essays that will get you noticed by universities
- From preparation to submission, we will help you with the full application process (UC application, common application, coalition application, and individual college applications)
- Choose the college you ultimately wish to attend
- Prepare for a successful transition into college
summer boot camp
Typically held during the first week of August, our Summer Boot Camp is designed to help students complete the majority of their application work before senior year begins. Throughout the week-long Boot Camp, we work on (1) completing the Common Application, UC Application, and individual college applications; (2) writing and editing resumes, personal statements, essays, and supplemental essays; and (3) plan out any further testing, including ordering test scores. In addition to the substantive paperwork for college applications, we conduct interactive practice interviews and help students find the fun in talking about themselves in the college application process.
Attendance at Summer Boot Camp also provides students with hands-on, all day access to consultations with Karen and/or other CEC consultants.
pro bono matters
Curreri Educational Consulting will provide services on a pro bono basis to a limited number of students each academic year. Please contact us for more information.