- You’ll FINISH your Common Application and UC Application essays in one week in a supportive, focused atmosphere with help and feedback from your peers, Karen Curreri, and a writing/editing tutor (and help is individualized and tailored to every single student!)
- You’ll be given additional, unique opportunities to prepare in advance for the application process such as mock interviews with an admissions officer and resume writing and support, which will bring you into the application season with a leg up and added confidence and preparedness.
- You will be provided with customized counseling throughout the week to determine YOUR strengths and weaknesses as a student and applicant, as well as individualized strategies to maximize the ways in which you can stand out to admissions panels.
- You will avoid fall stress by taking full and early control of the application process; by writing your essays and addressing every one of your concerns and questions well before due-dates approach, you’ll ensure that your applications are carefully done and that your essays are strong, without having to rush or submit applications at the final hour.
- As a result of working on your application early, you’ll be able to focus on other crucial elements of senior year, such as your grades and extra-curricular activities, as opposed to trying to balance everything at the same time throughout the fall.
If you’re not convinced that you should sign up immediately for Boot Camp, here are some testimonials from last year’s campers, (who were accepted in 2015 to: Harvard; Stanford; UCLA; USC; Duke; Loyola; Cornell; USD; Boston College; Chapman; Penn; and NYU, among many other top-tier excellent schools):
- "Thank you for all of the work that you and your editors encouraged me to complete in just one week at the Competitive Edge College Application Boot Camp. I was able to finish my Common Application personal statement and two UC essays before the first day of my senior year. I especially liked brainstorming with the other students when I got stuck or wanted to share an idea.” – Happy Camper
- "The Competitive Edge College Application Boot Camp was both more fun and more helpful than I expected. It was a week filled with learning about all of the steps involved in the essay writing process. We were given a rubric that we used to help evaluate our own essays. From first draft to final, Karen and her team were there to help us find our own voice. What truly amazed me was the brainstorming process. The editors really took the time to help each individual camper learn how to figure out what would be the best topic for them to write about.” – Happy Camper
- "Doing the college essay boot camp was one of the best decisions I've ever made. I wrote my personal statement; completed a resume; basically completed the Common Application, the Universal Application, and the UC Application; almost completed my Princeton supplements; learned what makes an application great; and had a lot of fun. Now I have a great work ethic regarding college essays that I can take with me into senior year.” – Happy Camper
- "On August 8th, I submitted my first application to the college of my dreams! It feels amazing to have this completed before my senior year even begins. There is no way I could have possibly achieved what I did in this past week on my own. Karen and the editors at CEC Competitive Edge College Application Boot Camp really provided me with the guidance I needed and I am so lucky to have had this experience.
*Camp is almost fully booked for Summer 2015. Sign up today to reserve your place! Boot Camp will be held August 3rd-7th, 2015. For more information, call: (310) 613-5926, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.